Pages

Jan 22, 2012

Welcome to Rainbow Dreams

This is the first post for my new blog and I hope you'll find something here which assists you in achieving your own rainbow dreams. I'll be posting weekly and I'll also be including links at the bottom of each post. These will be relevant links to websites which I find on my travels through the blogosphere that I think you'll like.

This blog will be more focused on tips and steps for achieving goals, communicating better and generally anything that helps improve our lives. My Inspiration to Dream blog will still continue to be my daily rant and rave about life and will document my personal journey as a mother, new nani and everything in-between.

How do you eat an elephant?

There's a strong link between successful businesses and the strategic goals they set. Managers are required to provide a yearly plan which sets out their goals and determines the people who are required to ensure the business is continually improving.

We as individuals should be no different, and yet there's probably a whole lot of reasons why we don't have plans or goals. Sometimes we don't know what we want and sometimes we don't know where to start. Sometimes it just all seems too difficult

The thing is, a strategic plan for life should be no scarier then writing a shopping list. We write a shopping list to ensure that when we go to the shops we get what we want and that we don't come home having forgotten the important things we need. It saves us time and confusion when we're in the supermarket.

So why shouldn't our strategic plan be our shopping list for life. The thing to remember when writing our 'shopping list' is to make sure it's a SMART list. Everything on the list needs to be


Asde from ensuring we write SMART lists, we should always start small, every goal should be a stepping stone to the bigger goal. The best example I have for this is my bosses' analogy for achieving big goals. He always asks the question 'How do you eat an elephant?' if I get overwhelmed by some of our bigger challenges - the answer, 'one bite at a time'. So, how do you achieve your goals, one small step at a time. 

I hope this gives you a starting point for writing your own shopping list or strategic plan for what you want to achieve in life - remember 'just one bite at a time'.

Be sure and leave me a comment and tell me what type and colour your elephant is.



Tips for discovering your dreams - courtesy of the "Dumb Little Man - Tips for Life" website

Being true to yourself - taken from the "It's all about women" website

3 comments:

  1. great advice -- and how exciting to find myself here.

    thanks so much for inspiring me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to be here. I can't wait to read and be inspired. I try hard to be positive, but I know I fall short often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new-look blog - very eyecatching and inspirational.

    Sorry I've been a bit slack in responding - been hectic here creating a new web site as well.

    ReplyDelete

Growing and improving starts with sharing our experiences - so why not start right here and share your thoughts.